Saturday, July 19, 2008

The here and now





















I wanted to show you some of what I've been working on of late...










After going to menards and lowes several times we finally found the right bolts to put the crib together!!! I, of course, was a little overzealous about getting this done so I decided to put it together while Chad was sleeping. It went pretty well until I dropped the crib on my foot. That kind of hurt, but I was too excited to get the bedding on so I didn't let it phase me.





Also, I've been trying to organize the closet...These are some of the babies clothes from size newborn to 6 months.











Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with all this adorable stuff. I have lots to do on the room still. But I think I've got plenty of time (4months!). So I guess you probably want to know what I look like most recently...




I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm super excited about vacation coming up in 2 weeks. I have a massage scheduled for the 30th and I'm getting my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, and a pedicure before I go too. I've never had a pedicure I'm a little afraid they will make fun of my nasty, callus ridden, dry skin feet.


I haven't actually gone into detail about where we are going...we are going to Emerald Isle, NC. Chad and I are driving down just the two of us. It takes 13 hours to get there. Fun, fun. Our house is about a block from the beach, so that will be nice, it has a pool, theater, game room, hot tub, elevator, all the fun stuff. There will be 20 of us in this house total, 7 of which are kids. This is a little frightening, but that's why we decided to drive. If it gets too nuts at the house we can leave. But here's a picture of where we are staying...

Anyway, I'll try to do a better job about posting!!

PS. FYI. I'm six months pregnant this week!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great post, Kay! I feel so updated on your life. The crib looks adorable and I'm in love with that bedding! I'm excited for your trip to NC- that'll be so fun! I need to come see the nursery in person. I'll be making that happen soon. It's really coming along.

That was a supercute idea to put up the pictures of you guys! You're baby is going to be adorable!

You look great- you are beaming.

I love you!